Rebecca Heiam // Minneapolis, MN
Gold Line Havoc, Gold Line Villain, Gold Line Claymore
1st Place 2015 Silver Cup XV - FA1
1st Place 2015 Wisconsin Tour Finale - FA1
3rd Place 2015 Minnesota Majestic - FA1
5th Place 2015 Glass Blown Open - FA1
28th Memorial Championship
2016 Glass Blown Open
Cedar Creek Open
Welcome to Team Latitude 64°! How do you like it so far?
– Thank you! I am still learning the ins and outs to being a part of this Team, but so far I love it! I met a few team members last season and I can tell that I am going to enjoy meeting as many other members as I can!
What made you decide to partner up with Latitude 64°?
– The biggest deciding factor for me was the overall closeness of the team. From what I've been told and what I have seen, I can tell just how closely knit this team is and for me, disc golf is all about family and the connections you make.
What are your thoughts on the discs so far?
– Before the 2015 GBO my bag was entirely Innova but after taking last cash in Advanced Women, I quickly sought the help of Eric McCabe to help me find the Latitude, Dynamic, and Westside equivalents of all the Innova discs I had. I am so glad I was able to upgrade my bag and I am now HOOKED on anything and everything Gold Line! I love how grippy the Gold Line plastic is, as well as how it never seems to visibly show the beat marks most discs obtain when hitting solid objects!
What is your next tournament?
– My next, and first tournament of 2016, is the 28th Memorial Championship. I will be making the road trip down with a friend of mine from the Twin Cities and this will be the first time either of us will be playing in Arizona! I am super excited to play some new courses on the way down just as much as I am to play in the tournament!
What are your plans for next season?
– Due to the lack of Advanced Women in Wisconsin/Minnesota, I unfortunately had to play in quite a few tournaments last year in Intermediate. Well, this year, no matter how many women are also in my division, I will be playing nothing but Advanced and Open in a select few tournaments so I can get some experience with the big girls before I go full out Pro in 2017! I am planning on playing in roughly 15 sanctioned tournaments and a couple of unsanctioned tournaments that my home course, Blue Ribbon Pines, hosts.